Friday, May 14, 2010

Rockin' rainbow fun!

Hello my friends!

This week's challenge from Frosted Designs brings you bright and sunny colors, er... I mean, bright and RAINBOW colors!

We were challenged to use embellishments in rainbow colors... though when I read it, I thought it said to just use rainbow colors, period. Here's to fully reading the directions! LOL!
After all of the rain and cold, crummy weather we've been experiencing in my little corner of Colorado, I was needing something bright to lift my spirits, so alas, here came the inspiration for this fun layout.

I used three sheets of patterned paper for this layout - Making Memories (the stars), Glitz Designs (for the blue distressed photo mat) and We R Memory Keepers for the swirls, yellow scalloped accents, orange distressed journaling block and striped accent to the journaling block (which were all from one sheet of double-sided patterned paper). I also used a Stampin' Up paper clip-thing, self-adhesive patterned metal dots from Heidi Swapp and ribbon and journaling pens from Close To My Heart.

Be sure to check out the rest of the talented crew at Frosted Designs... I love what they've come up with this week!

Oh, and today's the last day for my Lucky Girl DT call! Get your entries to me by tonight at midnight MST!!!

3 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

So cute! Love the papers with this!
xoxo

Unknown said...

This is perfect rainbow inspiration! Love the fun photos yu chose and the bright bold photos!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Barb Craft said...

Isn't it great to get some bright cheery colors with all the rains and clouds we all seem to have had lately?!!! Love the PP you used on this one!
Barb :)