Thursday, February 18, 2010

Polka Dots & Plaids birthday card (Frosted Designs)

Polka dots and plaids are kind of a funny combination... it reminds me of an old fashioned golf outfit or something. So when this week's challenge was annouced for Frosted Designs, I was a little worried! Until I came across some really fun, not-too-bright polka dot paper from Deja Views and some coordinating papers from Close To My Heart.


I knew immediately that a wild pattern combo could only be paired with one of my favorite "wild" stamps - my party giraffe (also from Close To My Heart). I added some funky Prima flowers and coordinating buttons, and a little sentiment on a die cut piece from Stampin' Up.
Be sure to check out how the rest of the uber-talented design team took on this challenge this week on the Frosted Designs blog!
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE it!!!! This little giraffe is so darling! Love your fun colors too!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Dayna said...

Adorable card!! That giraffe is too cute. Great job!!

Barb Craft said...

Love your mix of papers on this one... so cheerful! and that giraffe... too cute!
Barb :)

Unknown said...

Me again, I've left something for you on my second post down (Thursday, Feb. 25)
Blessings,
Kim xXx