Monday, August 24, 2009

Moments to Cherish

Today was a good day - crazy as it was!

As I post this, I'm eating a piece of the yummiest, homemade coconut cream pie from Midland Bakery Co. in Basalt, CO (the best-ever bakery!), drinking a glass of ice cold milk, and relishing the the silence!

I just put the finishing touches on a layout that turned out better than I imagined - gotta love when that happens!

These pictures were taken for our "happy spring" cards since I never did get my holiday cards out last year. Not that the happy spring cards got out, either, but that's another story! LOL! I did, however, have these pics framed for all the grandparents because they turned out so sweet.
This layout uses a mish-mash of materials - I really went through my supply to find the perfect mix! The papers from 5 different companies - Yellow Bicycle for the fancy-cut page, DCWV for the glittered paper on the chipboard heart, Making Memories for the red polka-dot and Stampin' Up for the rosy-circle mat behind the photos, plus a black patterned sheet of paper from a Best Occasions scrap stack I picked up at Wal Mart. The glittered title and swirl and pearl accents come from Marcella by K and the pearly flower is recycled from a gift bag I got at a friend's wedding. The chipboard heart is also from Stampin' Up.

Today also brought our Stott-family traditional first day of school breakfast celebration:

After a whole summer of sleeping in, Andrew was not too thrilled to have to wake up early and partake in the celebration. After downing some tasty biscuits & gravy, he almost changed his mind. This came, of course, only after he accidentally dumped an entire glass of orange juice all over Sophia's first day of school outfit. I had to trek it all the way back across town to pick up a new outfit for her, which ended up good because I forgot to get their water bottles and ice packs for their lunch. In planning for next year, I'll be sure to pack a change of clothes for both kiddos, just in case.

Andrew was a little grumpy, too, I think, because he was starting a whole new school. For the last week he's worried about whether he'll make friends, if he's got the meanest teacher in school and if the kids will be nice. Poor guy! Luckily we live in a small town and he knew literally half of his classmates from karate, soccer, church and summer camp.
Sophia was higher than a kite! She's been looking forward to "big girl school" for weeks and could hardly contain herself.
Even though Andrew was a little anxious, he still made sure he took good care of his sister:

See what I mean about being excited? Don't you just love that goofy little grin?!

By the time we found his class, Andrew was thinking it would all be OK. This is him at the start of the day. By the end of the day, he was grinning from ear to ear and telling me how cool it was (huge sigh of relief!!!)

1 comment:

Juanita said...

OMG!! That pic of Sophia made me laugh soooo hard.... what a big smile!! I'm glad first day went well for all!