Sorry this is so late. Today was crazy! I sent my baby girl off to kindergarten and my sunshine of a boy off to 4th grade! I can't believe how time flies. But I think that this was the first year I didn't cry sending them off.
Here are my layouts for this week's challenge for Practical Scrappers. We had to use vellum in our projects - which, I have to admit, is one of the most challenging products for me to use creatively. And, since things have been positively hectic getting ready for the new year, I was running low on creativity. Here's what I came up with:
This first one is an additional layout that didn't get submitted to Practical Scrappers. I stamped on my vellum - and, to set the titles in each of my stamped images, I used a heat gun (held several inches away so I wouldn't burn a hole through it!). I made sure to set the vellum aside, even after heat-setting the ink, for a while to allow the ink to fully dry and prevent smudges.
For this first layout, I attached the vellum a few different ways. I used a hinge with brads for the first part of the title and a beaded spiral-clip for the second part of the title.
For the Riverwalk layout, I hand-wrote my journaling on vellum. I also added a velum overlay to the left-hand side of the layout, covering it with thread and pretty beads to dress it up:
Here's a better picture of the vellum overlay. For this, I folded the edges (top and bottom) of my vellum to fit over my paper panel. That way, I could adhere the vellum on the back side of the paper panel and didn't run the risk of having my adhesive show through.