Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I caught the techie bug

OK, so the kids are in bed and I've posted a few things, so now I'm going to share how this blog came to be.
I am not by any means a computer whiz. I don't really have the patience for it, honestly. Besides that, in our house, I don't even have to worry about it because my husband, Michael, is the gadget guru, so whenever I need something done, he does it for me.
I belong to some pretty awesome Yahoo groups with some amazingly talented ladies who have really fun blogs. I get a lot of inspiration from these gals, but don't always have a chance to share back. Life gets crazy, you know?
Anyhow, after toying with the idea of creating a blog for 6 months, I decided to do a little web search the other night and created one while Michael was out with the boys for his weekly pool tournament. Tonight, I even figured out (finally!) how to create a water mark for my photos after getting my weekly Split Coast Stampers e-mail. For me, these are really big steps!
I know pretty much nothing about blogging, and only blurf (if that's even the right term for blog surfing?!) in brief instances when I have a free chance. So, here's to trying to inspire a few artists out there, or at least give you a good laugh once in a while.
I'll post a bunch over the next week or so, just so there's some substance here, but there's no telling how often new stuff will come up after that. Who knows, maybe I'll get all blog-obsessed and do it all the time? Yikes! Then my house will never be clean!
Speaking of laughs (hopefully!), my monthly column, Mommy Daze, is going to be in tomorrow's Citizen Telegram. If you're interested, give it a read. Visit http://www.citizentelegram.com/ and search for Mommy Daze or read the e-dition. It's usually on page 6 or 7.

1 comment:

PeggyR said...

excellent start! Good for you!