Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thank You and our winner!

Hi Friends!

Thanks to all of you who played along and supported our August Blog Party for Old School Cool! I hope that you were inspired to create something and to buy one of our awesome kits! *winkwinkwink*

Here's one of the cards that I made with the Old School Cool kit - super appropriate for my gratitude-filled day. Don't you just love those bright colors & fun patterns in the Echo Park Papers and stickers from this kit?!





Without further ado, I'd like to announce the winner of the Lucky Girl scrappy RAK. I assigned each comment a number and used Random.org to pull the winner.

Congratulations, Kelly!

Kelly Massman said...
What a cute card! Love the ribbon! Well, my favorite embellies are still the flowers because they are so varied and such nice colors!


Please send me your mailing info to: jasafras98@yahoo.com by Sunday, August 15 to claim your prize.

Thanks to you all for your warm wishes and sweet comments about my grandfather. He is doing better - much better than anyone anticipated. Last weekend we expected him to be with us for only a few more days, but by the time my son, brother and I got to see him on Tuesday his condition was much improved and he was still himself enough to joke around with us and tell us stories as we went through old family pictures. As of yesterday, his hospice nurses expected him to last several more months. I'm so grateful that we were able to spend the day with him, because really, you just never know. My son was able to learn some family history and all about my grandfather's time in the Air Force, which he thought was pretty cool. If all goes well, he'll still be well enough for Sophia and my husband to visit with him again when we go home for a planned trip on the 14th.

2 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I just love this card--I was totally thinking of making a banner just like that the other day--YOUR banner ROCKS:) I LOVE IT! Great job! Congrats to your winner;)

Kelly Massman said...

Wow! I'm so pleased to win--I am a lucky girl! I sent you my address! Please let me know if you don't get it!
Glad your grandfather is doing better!
P.S. Love your card today! The banner is so CUTE! And the heart and flowers just make this an extra special thank you card!