Friday, April 9, 2010

Mark It Up

Isn't this card just yummy?! A cute cupcake, lots of bling and my favorite color combo... this might be one of my favorite projects!
Our challenge this week at Practical Scrappers was to use markers for our project. Here, I used Staedletter fine-tip markers to color in my stamped image (direct to stamp) - that way I was able to pinpoint the exact areas for each color without having to do some masking or paper piercing technique. Quick and easy - what's not to love about that?! After I colored everything in, I huffed on the colored rubber stamp (essentially breathed on it to re-moisten the first-colored areas) and stamped it onto white cardstock. I traced around the flowers and touched-up trouble spots, then cut out the cupcake and popped it up on pop dots.

I also used marker to create doodly frames around the blingy pink cardstock and the large pink circle, plus to write the sentiment.

You don't want to miss a visit to Practical Scrappers, too... our amazing design team has been knocking it out of the park lately - their projects really rock!

And speaking of amazing Practical Scrappiness.... did you know that next week we're having a Spring Challenge Blog Hop starting on Monday, April 12th - featuring not just Practical Scrappers, but Cuttlebug Spot, Scrap that Poetry, 365 Cards, Pile it On & Sketchy Thursdays. Be sure to join us for all the fun!!!

No comments: