Friday, December 4, 2009

A scallopy scallop kind of day... (Frosted Designs Challenge)

It's no secret that scallops often find their way onto my projects - so this week's challenge at Frosted Designs was right up my alley!
I just got my new Threading Water Fiskars border punch this week, so it was a perfect opportunity to put it to good use. I combined that with these new holiday papers that I picked up right before Thanksgiving... and Sophia snagged from my stash to create some impressive art work... what a bummer when she gets to my fancy new paper first! I managed to salvage a few pieces to create this card. After piecing everything together, trimming out a few trees, I put the largest tree on pop dots and added festive sparkly stars to all the tree tops.
I don't know where the patterned papers came from, but the card base is Bazzill, the ribbon and sentiment rub-on are all Stampin Up; the ink is Tim Holtz Distress Ink, and the sparkly stars are from ColorBok.
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the rest of the great artists over at Frosted Designs!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

First, these colors are just incredible! I love your design, the trees, and that big delicious ribbon! You sure rocked the scallop challenge.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kim, I love your colors. Beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

Love this. And that bow is perfect!