Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Chocolate... post 2 of 2

This year each of my kiddos have about 10 teachers - even Soph who's in kindergarten, because even those little ones go to a different class for nearly every subject - so we're going to be doing TONS of teacher gifts this year.

Our challenge this week at Frosted Designs was to create something winter or Christmas themed, so I thought it would be the perfect chance to get started on some of them!

Here's a little thank you gift that we'll be giving to their specials and subject-y teachers (like gym, library, math, etc.) It's a little purse filled with Ghiradelli chocolate squares - my favorite.

The inside has enough room for the kiddos to write their own greetings and to include a 3x5 picture of them if we are so inclined. I didn't get quite that far with this one, so I subbed the inside picture with a coordinating piece of paper.

Once I created the template, it was actually a pretty easy project. I love how cute and quick it was - especially since I have so many of them to make!
This was made with a bunch of products from my stash, so I don't know who makes everything. The cardstock was Bazzill, the silver twine and rub-on were Stampin' Up, the chipboard snowflake was Maya Road and the crackle paint is Tim Holtz by Ranger. For this project, I found that the purse itself looks best in a coordinating color to the patterned papers you're using (i.e. not white or cream) beacause it really makes the rest of your project really pop. But hey, that's just me! =)
Hope you all have a safe & happy holiday season! Thanks for reading!

No comments: