My sweet friend and Practical Scrappers DT sister Kim left me such a sweet honor on her blog recently - the Honest Scrap award. Kim is always there with super sweet and loving words of praise - and she's such an amazing crafter! If you haven't "met" her, be sure to check out her blog, Memories in Thyme.
Here's how the award works:
- Say thank you and give a link to the presenter of the award
- Share "10 Honest Things" about myself
- Present the award to 9 other bloggers whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design or to those who have encouraged me
- Be sure to tell the 9 bloggers chosen that they have been given the Honest Scrap award and provide the guidelines for them
Here is my list of 10 Honest Things:
- I met my husband when I was 14.We got married when I was 19, had Andrew when I was 19, and today, 10+ years later, he's my best friend. I am one very lucky girl!
- My children and my husband are my greatest accomplishment.
- My family is HUGE and wild and eclectic. I'm the oldest of seven children (with my only sister being nine months older than Andrew and my youngest brother being 2 years older than Sophia), auntie to two, cousin to somewhere around 30, and niece to 24. They're all awesome in their own way!
- I am a voracious reader. I typically have 2 books going at a time and read my favorites several times a year.
- I write a monthly humor column on being a young mom for a small town local newspaper.
- When I scrap alone, I love having my all-time favorite movies on in the background: Where The Heart Is, You've Got Mail, Love Actually, Notting Hill, Grease, Hairspray or Twilight
- I get teary-eyed every time they play the National Anthem and any other patriotic song or there's a tribute to our soldiers. Many of my family members were in the military and I am thankful every single day for the sacrifices our soldiers and their families make to keep us free & safe.
- I'm a Colorado girl, born and bred (minus 5 years on the east coast). This however, does not stop me from the next....
- I have irrational fears of wildlife - rabid deer in particular. Because you just never know - I probably would be the one to run into a rabid deer and it'd be down hill from there...
- I sing along to musicals and songs on the radio (or Pandora, at work) ALL the time. Yep - I'm one of those people! Actually, my kiddos and hubby are like that too. = )
Here are the women I get inspiration from- in no particular order:
Be sure to visit their blogs to check out their stunning work and generally why I think they are amaizing women.