Monday, September 7, 2009

Practical Scrappers Shape Punch Challenge

This week's challenge at Practical Scrappers was to break out our kindergarten-inspired shape punches, like squares, circles, and triangles, to create our layouts and cards. I've known what I have wanted to do for quite some time by making paper posies with my circle punches, but just not the exact layout that I wanted to do.
Here's a close-up of the paper posies. These are super-easy to create - just layer a whole bunch of different sized circles up and you're done. These would look really neat scissor distressed, but I wanted it to match the layout, so I just ink distressed the edges and added a little coordinating button to the center.

I also used the circle punch to create the outline for my butterfly:


This took a few tries, but once I finally got it down, it was easy-peasy. Fold your circle in half and trim a V at the top, a smaller v at the bottom and a rounded v shape in the middle. I hid the crease in the circle by covering it up with some bling - but I've seen them stitched, and hidden with pearls and buttons, too.

I came across this awesome Rockabilly Specialty paper packet from Stampin' Up as I was digging through my stash that ended up working great with this pic. I originally bought the papers for my Disney album, that still, 3 years later, sits undone. Ah the life of an unchronololgical scrapper! LOL! Turns out, the papers will also work great for Andrew's rock star layout - he got a guitar for his big 1-0 birthday recently. Since I don't scrap in order, you'll probably be seeing that layout soon. ; )

The glitter paper was from a birthday present from my dear friend Christine - it's from Marcella by K, as is the red bling for the butterfly and the title stickers. The fun swirl stickers are Sandylion. The distressing ink was Close To My Heart.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jessica, I just adore your layout this week at Practical Scrappers. Your dp is just so Yummy!!! Love the layers on your punches and your little flourish is the perfect embellie! Just adorable!
Blessings,
Kim xXx