Monday, September 21, 2009

Felt Fancy

I'm one of those scrappers who buys things that look great in the store, thinks that I'll be able to use said product everywhere, but once I get home I have no idea what to actually do with it.
That's how it is with felt - our challenge product for Practical Scrappers this week. Surprisingly, I have A LOT of it. Everything from leaves to flower to brads - really, I'm not quite sure where it all came from!

As I was digging through my pics I came across this one of Michael & I at Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. It wasn't quite fall, but the beautiful red rocks of the Kissing Camels would tie in beautifully with fall, so I pulled out some felt leaves that I picked up from Target's Dollar Spot ages ago. They looked too plain, though, so I decided to jazz them up a bit.

I used one of my flourish stamps from Stampin' Up's Priceless set, and using a pearly acrylic paint and a cheapy sponge paint brush, painted on a thin layer of paint directly onto the stamp. It's important that it's only a thin layer because if you put too much paint onto the stamp, you'll lose the details that you're trying to transfer onto whatever it is that you are painting. Anyhow, from there, I just stamped like I normally would in random locations onto my leaves and let them dry while I completed the rest of my layout. I really loved how this one turned out!

This layout also uses Close To My Heart papers, Just Blooms paper flower (white one), brad and the large flourish stamp, my new favorite, Powder Puff ink (it's so creamy!), a Stampin' Up felt flower, Dotted Swiss cardstock, Jenni Bowlin memo journaling block (that I trimmed from a plain rectangle into a cute little brackety shape) and some recycled ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok, this is just STUNNING! I love everything in your layout and that is a fantastic pic of you and dh! I know exactly what you mean about having to have it and then not knowing how to use it..I feel that "pain!"
Blessings,
Kim xXx