Monday, August 31, 2009

Two Challenges in One

I came across the sketch (Sketch #27) above from this great new-ish challenge site, the Scrappiest and thought it would be a great layout for Sophia's first day of kindergarten. I had the perfect layout in mind and was able to incorporate this week's challenge at Practical Scrappers, which was to use stamps in our layout or cards.

I have a huge supply of stamps from Close To My Heart, where I was a consultant until recently, and a bunch of stamps from Stampin' Up that I purchased through my good friend Candice. This layout uses my favorite sets from both companies:

The letter stamps are from the D & E size Friendship Alphabet sets, the doodle swirl line and line of dots are from Priceless Love Word Puzzle - from Close To My Heart, as is the base page, inks and cardstock. The accent stamps - flourishes, flowers and butterfly - are all from the Priceless set from Stampin' Up. I embossed the word kindergarten in the clear sparkly Iridescent Ice embossing powder from Stampin' Up. After cutting out the flowers and butterfly, I added dimension by putting them on pop dots and curling the edges of the flowers up. The only other thing besides stamps, inks and papers that I used was a little coordinating bling for the flowers.

And if you're wondering why there are no pictures on there yet, I ran out of ink for my printer and am too technologically challenged to upload them to my local supermarket to get them printed! My husband was even going to buy me some extra ink the other day, but I told him that I only needed one color cartridge. Turns out he was right (shhh... don't tell! LOL) - I did need the whole pack! Ugh! I will pick up some more ink today and re-post the completed layout later this week.
Thanks for looking!
Jessica

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! Love this layout. It has really inspired me as my daughter started kindergarten this year. And it was a big deal. For her and me. She was excited...I was sad to see my baby go off to school. Thanks for sharing.

Jamie Harder said...

Cuuute layout!! My baby is off to kindergarten this year too:) She starts next week...then I can scrap it too!

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Love all the detail!