Sunday, August 9, 2009

Scrappin' with stickers and a neat technique

Hello to all of my blogging buddies! I hope your weekend was great!



Our challenge this week at Practical Scrappers was to use up some of our stickers. This was a great challenge that I was eager to tackle - I can't tell you how many sheets upon sheets of stickers that I've collected over the last 10 years scrapbooking. My collection mostly consists of the cardstock stickers that come in the Close To My Heart and Stampin' Up scrapbook kits, so I decided to use up some of that massive stash on my challenge layout.



Since it's been so hot here lately, I wanted to take a mental vacation back to the cooler weather, so I dug out some of the pics from our impromptu sledding party after one of the big storms last winter. Here's what I came up with:



It uses 16 different stickers - can you find them all?



This layout features Stampin' Up cardstock & cardstock stickers, a Colorbok bling sticker, Close To My Heart Liquid Glass, button, stamp (alphabet) and Tulip ink and cardstock (for the tag); Doodlebug Designs rub-ons and a Bic Mark-It fine tip red marker. I also used a little chunky glitter from Martha Stewart.



To make the tag that has the date on it, I cut out the outline of a bracket sticker I had used on another project:





After it was cut off of the main sticker sheet, I placed it onto some cardstock and cut it out more precisely - leaving just 1/4 of an inch or so of the sticker itself for the outline of my tag:




Once it was all cut out, I added rub-on letters from Doodlebug Designs for the date and added it to my layout:


P.S. This little tag technique is not my own, but unfortunately, I don't remember where I saw it used first. If I come across the original inspiration, I will pass on credit where credit is due. In the meantime, thanks to all of you who take the time to share!


To add some extra dimension to my layout and match the glitzy striped paper, I added bling sticker and glammed up the snowflake stickers. For the snowflake stickers, I added dimensional tape to the back of the red snowflake to pop it off of the blue snowflake, then added a blue button and a pink-polka-dotted white circle sticker to the center.




All of the little circle stickers and the snowflake in the center of the big circle got a little Liquid Glass and chunky Martha Stewart glitter to add a wintry feel. Oh - and that cute rickrack and pink strip are both stickers, too.



And here's a shot of the toll my creative process takes on the kitchen tables...
My process tends to be a little messy! It's a good thing Michael is so patient & supportive...



3 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

Fabulous layout!! LOVE those colors!!!

Anonymous said...

Whata great layout

Juanita said...

cute!!