Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fun & Funky Cards

For some reason I have been on such a huge card kick lately. I always forget to send them out, but at least I'll have a stash ready next time I remember to send one! I've also been exploring my stash of stuff and have found the most amazing things that I have never used. I bet you know how that goes, though!

Here are two fun cards that I've put together recently. I'm really excited about how they've turned out!

This one is my "Use That Stash" card because most of the things I used I've had for AGES! It uses the Butterfly Wings stamp set and Whoops-A-Daisy papers from Close To My Heart. The Black & Breeze Cardstocks, Hydrangea and Sweet Leaf inks are also Close To My Heart. I think the ribbon is from a wedding gift I received 10 years ago or something equally strange like that. The Bling is Colorbok. The pop dots & saying is from a Stampin' Up set - not sure if it's currently available because I stamped that forever ago! The fun little purple clip I had from a Target Dollar Spot set a while back.


This is my Pretty In Pink monochromatic self-challenge. The papers and stamps and ink are from Close To My Heart (Notebook papers, Nursery Bash stamp set, blush ink). The white flowers and stitching is hand-doodled with a Gelly Roll pen. I layered a fat and funky button with a Target Dollar Spot brad I got a long time ago, and tied it all together with some pretty frilly girl ribbon I got at JoAnn's several years ago.
Do you recognize the look to these two cards? They're also from the 2Sketches4You sketch I did for my last card. Don't you just love the many looks you can get from one sketch? So much fun!
Thanks for looking - now I'm off to finish my project for our Girls Night Out Crop - tomorrow night. I'll try to share that when I get done too!

No comments: