Saturday, May 9, 2009

Girl pages...

Here are a few layouts I did for Sophia's album.
This is Soph with our latest addition to our family - a Teacup Terrier named Baby. She's full grown at 4-1/2 lbs. Sophia thinks she's the greatest! I think this paper is Autum Leaves - but I'm not sure. The scalloped circle is from last winter's Dazzline Diecuts special from Close To My Heart. The alphabet stamps, ink and large pink flower and small white flower are also from Close To MyHeart. The rest of the flowers are Making Memories (dark pink and brown polka dot) and Bazzil (large white flower). The button and bling brad are from my stash. The rub-on is from Stampin' Up.

I struggled with this layout FOREVER! The first page - the one on the left - took five hours of deliberating (admitedly mixed with food and gossip, but still!) It wasn't until it was all finished and the second page put together that I decided that I liked it. I think I had so many problems because Sophia's costume wasn't my favorite - those 80's colors! Both pages were inspired by PageMaps. The neon pink and acid green cardstock are from Stampin' Up, the acid green scallop & heart were more Dazzling Diecuts, and the flower bling is also from Close To My Heart. My layered flower is part leftover lei from Sophia's 3rd birthday party, part Making Memories and part Petaloo, plus a random button and CTMH ribbon. The sparkly stickers are Making Memories.

I bought the adorable Sweetwater patterned paper almost three years ago - before Sophia ever started preschool - with her first day layout completely in mind. It wasn't exactly how I pictured it, but I love how it turned out! The cardstock is Stampin' Up. There's a bunch of buttons and staples from my stash, and a Cricut font that I don't remember. I cut out the big daisies from a coordinating sheet of Sweetwater paper and added more buttons as their centers. The ribbon is from Close To My Heart.


1 comment:

Jamie Harder said...

Great pages!! And what an adorable puppy!!!