Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Getting in the groove...

I'm finally recovered from my awesome scrapbook weekend - yeah! Big thanks to Christine for hosting such a wonderful weekend.

My hubby talked me into going over earlier than planned on Thursday, for which I am so grateful! I followed a friend over and it only took 2 hours and the worst roads we came across were actually in Breckenridge. Had we left when we planned on leaving, it would have taken us at least four hours. I could not believe how much it was snowing!
Here's what we ended up with by Saturday afternoon (only after most of it melted away!)



When we got to the house, I got stuck in this gigantic driveway and every time I went to back out, I slid closer and closer to the guard rail and the edge of a ravine. Not fun. Since I wasn't really blocking anyone, I left my car there until Saturday, and then had to dig out my car from almost 3 feet (!) of snow! Then, a Bobcat came to plow out the driveway and he got stuck. His wife came in her Bobcat and she got stuck too. A gigantic bulldozer came to tow the Bobcats out so the Bobcats could tow out the stuck cars. I finally got towed out and was on my way to find a better parking spot when I got stuck in ANOTHER driveway down the road. Luckily one of the neighbors came to help me out. He looked at me a little funny since I was still in my pajama pants at 3 in the afternoon, but it was scrap weekend. Fashion wasn't high on my list of priorities.


All in all, it was great. Lots of yummy food, fun girls and tons of progress. I got 50 baby shower invites done for my sister-in-law's shower, seven 20-page retirement albums completed for a local school district, finished Breaking Dawn - the last book in the Twilight series AND completed 10 pages for my albums! Woohoo! My back killed me for a few days but it was so worth it!

No comments: