Sunday, January 25, 2009

Yeehaw!

A cowgirl, to me, embodies the spirit of the true American woman. It celebrates her spunk, bravery and compassion - someone who isn't afraid to take a few risks in life. I know a lot of "cowgirls" - women who should be celebrated everyday. Here's a little card in honor of the cowgirl in you all!

This card features the Yeehaw stamp set and Sasparilla papers from Close To My Heart. I also added a little depth with a Dimensional Elements chipboard circle (from the CTMH Dazzling Die Cuts promotion last November). I colored her in with Stampin' Up Watercolor Wonder crayons and blending pens. I distressed it with the edge distresser, but you can get the same look with scissor distressing (running your paper along the sharp edge of your scissors - but be careful not to poke yourself!) The little black Bitty Brad (CTMH) pulls it together (although looking at it on screen right now, I think I'm going to sand the brad to let it match the rest of the card.)

1 comment:

Vonney said...

I love this card, and how she really looks like she is jumpping through the hole!