Sunday, January 25, 2009

Little Prince card

It seems like half of my friends have baby news this month - either they're about ready to give birth; they're finidng out the sex of their baby-to-be; or they're hoping for quick adoption processes. If we didn't already have that little situation taken care of, I think my hubby would be getting a little worried about my getting baby fever. You know, the, "oh, honey, look how cute, are you sure you don't want another one" look? I tease him a bit, but really, I'm good with our two. By all of our friends having new babies, it's the best way because I can snuggle them and love, them then give them back when they start to cry or poop!

Anyhow, I thought I'd get a jump start on the card making with this cute little one using last July's Stamp of the Month - In the Jungle and the Tiny Typewriter alphabet sets from Close to My Heart. For the crown I modified the one from the You Rock stamp set (also CTMH) - I had to trim off two dealy-bops to get it to fit the lion's head. I also added some tiny bling to the top of the crown for that little royal touch. For the mane, I used a white Just Blooms autumn sunflower (CTMH) and direct-to-ink pad distressed him with Chocolate. I glued the flower down then put the lion's head on a pop dot.

That totally-cute paper is fron the Notebook paper packet from last fall's catalog. It was one of the first CTMH lines that featured the double-designed papers (a full-color design on the front, the same design in monochromatic color scheme on the back). This particular paper was pink on one side and blue on the other - perfect for cutesy baby cards.

I picked up the pretty chocoloate-colored ribbon for a screamin' deal at Target in their wedding isle of all things - it was onlyu $1.48 for 15 yards.

No comments: