Saturday, August 6, 2011

Denim Delight (Crate Paper Color Challenge!)

Hi lovelies! In my search for crafty inspiration, I often find myself on the Crate Paper blog. They just announced their August Crate Color Challenge, and luckily the colors matched the Crate I have on hand - their Toy Box collection that I have left over from my April Lucky Girl Crafts kit, A Boy & His Toys. Woohoo! I love when things get serendipitous!

The color palette this month is: Sand - Khaki - and Denim Blue

Squares-1000

Even though this color palette makes me think more of boys, I decided to take a girly approach to the challenge.

You're allowed to use any color of Denim, so I ink distressed the Build blue pattern to make it darker - like well worn jeans. I added a strip of ruffled & scalloped Playdate paper, and elements from the Toy Box Accent Cuts.



Being a short girl, I also had some extra denim fabric from the cuff of my very own jeans that I made into a sweet shabby chic flower element. The center of the flower is a chipboard checkers piece that I epoxied and added a few pearls and glitter to. I adore how it turned out!
A few vintage-looking brads from American Crafts, CTMH and Making Memories, along with a mulberry Petaloo flower add delicate detailing to a masculine color scheme.

I also added some of the coordinating chipboard and stickers (and a bit of CTMH Liquid Glass epoxy accent) to finish it off. I made the metal charm using scraps from the Build and Accent Cuts papers, layered in to a K&Co. charm from last November's LGC kit.

The final product was laid out on a Core'dinations Core Essentials - Cream of Wheat dry embossed paper that was dry brushed with a pearly acrylic paint.

If you're looking for the Practical Scrappers Anniversary Blog Hop, please check out this link here. Thanks so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous. Love that denim fabric. :)