Monday, September 6, 2010

One project over the long weekend...

I had big plans to do not a whole lot of anything this weekend. Maybe organize my craft area, do some laundry, and finish a few layouts, but alas, the weekend was just as busy as the rest of our summer. Only two projects were completed - one of which I can't share until next Saturday.

Part of the reason I only completed two projects was because I was searching everywhere for my Bo Bunny papers so I could play along with their latest sketch challenge. Hmmm... maybe organizing should have taken a higher priority after all.



Here's my take on their fabulous sketch, using primarily products from their stinkin' cute Love Bandit line.


Patterned Papers, Chipboard Letters, "Paper Ribbon", Rub-Ons: Bo Bunny // Cardstock: Bazzill // Ink: StazOn // Button: Jenni Bowlin // Pearl Brad: Reminisce // White Paint: Delta Creamcoat


I used a few strips from their Love Bandit Cut-Outs to use as ribbon, just dying the backside with brown StazOn so it was solid instead of looking funky from the patterns on the reverse. I added a pearl brad through the center of a Jenni Bowlin vintage button for the center of the bow, and voila! Insta-paper bow.

For the circles, I just used very liberally applied white acrylic paint to the bottom of the paint lid for the larger dots, then the tip of a new pencil eraser for the smaller, solid dots. I liked how the drips looked, and the texture is really fun.

Thanks for visiting me today! I hope your week is fantabulous!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your paint circles!!!! Those are so fabulous!!! I have got to remember this for the future! This is just a fabby fun layout! Great job!!!! You always inspire!
Blessings,
Kim xXx