Wednesday, August 18, 2010

You have me in {faux} stitches!

It's time for a stitch challenge at Practical Scrappers this week!

I'm what you'd call a great seamstress, so this challenge worried me - until I realized that I could pull of a mean faux stitch! I used my Bazzill In Stitches swirl template and poked holes in my layout in a fun and fanciful design, then using a fine tipped marker, created faux stitches by tracing the poked holes. The result: It looks like I spent forever either lugging around a huge sewing machine (which truthfully, I can't remember how to thread properly) or hand-stitching the design when in reality it took only a few minutes. Gotta love that.Cardstock: Bazzil // Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye // Heart Die Cut: Basic Grey // Stickers: Oriental Trading Co. // Ribbon: American Crafts // Paperclip & scallop punch: Stampin' Up

Be sure to visit the Practical Scrappers blog for more stitching inspiration - the handiwork by those talented group of ladies is amazing!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Great layout - love that title, and the photo is awesome! :)