Thursday, January 28, 2010

Crazy for Patterns... Practical Scrappers Challenge

I don't usually work with a whole bunch of patterned papers in a single layout, so this week's challenge at Practical Scrappers, which was to use three or more patterned papers, made me think outside of my comfort zone. But man, am I glad I went there!

I chose bright and fun papers to document Sophia's special trip to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo with her Nana & Poppa. They had "adopted" a wallaby at the zoo and she got to go for adoptive parent day, where she got to pet a baby wallaby. It was such a neat treat for my little girl!

Everything used on this layout is from Close To My Heart, and almost everything was patterned paper, including the fun little animals and the "buttons" popped up off the sub-title stickers. They were all just trimmed out from the patterned paper to accent the rest of the layout. I also used some cardstock and stickers, which were also from Close To My Heart.

Be sure to stop by Practical Scrappers today to check out the rest of the amazing design team's work, including a whole bunch of new members!

No comments: