Monday, October 5, 2009

World Card Making Day Projects... a few days late!

This past weekend was super crazy for me so I didn't get to participate as I would have liked in the World Card Making Day festivities on Saturday.

Friday night broght the monthly meeting of the Literati Lovelies - the awesome book club I belong to where we seem to eat and drink and laugh hysterically more than we actually talk about the book we were supposed to read that month. Love those crazy gals!

Saturday brought chores - ugh - Susie Homemaker I am not, but at least some laundry got done {finally}! We also went to visit Michael's parents and helped them winterize their lawn and put up fences so their yard didn't become an all-you-can-eat deer buffet. We ended the day with Octoberfest fireworks overlooking the Colorado River. It was warm and beautiful and a perfect evening spent with the grandparents, aunt, uncle & cousins, until Sophia accidentally kicked my niece in the face during their wrestling tourney in our Suburban and cut her lip open. Good thing Kaelee is a tough cookie!

Sunday brought nursery time at church - got my baby fix in - and grocery shopping. I finally got to replenish my scrap adhesives, though, so I could participate in the World Card Making Day activities from Saturday. So, when I finally got around to it, here were my entries for the WCMD challenges over at the AC Bailey Designs forum - sort of.

This first card I didn't actually enter in anything, but I finished for a friend who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. That one goes into the mail tomorrow. This one uses Close To My Heart papers and embellies and some pretty dark chocolate satin ribbon I had lying around.



This mini-tri-fold card was entered into the Halloween card challenge. I love how fun this one turned out! This uses ooollllldddd Close To My Heart papers, cardstock and inks and some Making Memories stamps I picked up last year for all of $4!


I won in the Love card category for this clear acetate card:

This one uses Bazzill cardstock & ribbon, Close To My Heart stamps & ink & pearls, and 3 Bugs in a Rug patterned paper.

No comments: