Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Decorative scissors, part deux


Here's another fun border card using old-school decorative edge scissors for the Practical Scrappers challenge this week. I used the mini-scallop scissors again - this time turned the correct scallop-y way, plus I made a large scallop edge with my Stampin' Up slot punch.
These fun bright colors remind me of back to school - but maybe it's the apple brad that's doing it for me! These papers, stamps and inks are all Close To My Heart. The stitched ribbon is Offray. The apple brad is from Target's Dollar Spot from forever ago - it is layered in a bright pink button. I had to grind out the holes a little bigger to accommodate the large posts of the brad using Close To My Heart's precision file set. These are the most awesome set of $5 tools you can buy. If you don't have a set, I recommend contacting your CTMH rep to get one! (Let me know if you need a referral - I know tons of consultants!)
Check out the rest of the projects and get out those old-school scissors! I'd love to see what you come up with!

No comments: