Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Girls Night Out Preview

In the spirit of this week's challenge over at Practical Scrappers, my project for this Friday's Girl's Night Out Crop that I'm hosting with my friend Candace uses a whole bunch of scraps in fun, bright colors. It seems that everywhere I look these days I see a bright and shiny sun
on everything from layouts to cards to clothes. What better way to send out summer with a bang than with a project featuring it, too?
Besides, all of the sunny projects reminded me of when my mom would sing "You Are My Sunshine" to me when I was a little girl. With a huge hoard of family baby pictures, the hardest part about this layout was choosing my favorites.

Here's what we'll be doing as my project this coming Friday:

I'm pretty jazzed with how this layout turned out - I love the bright summery colors against the neutral kraft cardstock. I free handed the little cloud and popped the sun up with thick pop dots to add a little extra umpf. For the most part, this was created with scraps and leftover buttons that came from the pile of leftovers on my desk. The kraft cardstock is from Stampin' Up. The letter stamps, inks, hemp and the papers used for the sun are from Close To My Heart. I used my trusty Bic Mark-It pen for journaling and outlining.
From what I hear, Candace is planning on a birthday card project since it's her birthday weekend. Come celebrate with us and have a great girl's night out - I know I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again! Email me by Thursday afternoon if you're going to join the fun, too!

No comments: