Friday, March 27, 2009

(tiny) Cinderella


I've been getting ready for a scrap retreat that I'm going on in three weeks with my friend Juanita, doing everything I can to get ready, from {finally} organizing my photos to even pre-organizing my layouts. Usually I'm a fly by the seat of my pants, spontaneous, admittedly disorganized, the type to throw everything in a box or basket and hope for the best, kinda gal. This organized thing is a big step for me!

I've categorized almost all of Andrew & Sophia's pictures, and finally broke in my Power Layouts box I bought when my friend Kathy sold Creative Memories a long while ago. I packed that Power Layouts box to the brim with pictures, papers and stickers for each layout so hopefully I won't agonize forever on what to do!

I got so excited, in fact, that I had to test drive the Power Layouts theory, just to make sure it works, you know? Plus, I just got my first-ever order from Scrapbooks.com (another great site for inspiration), which had these really cute cardstock alphabet stickers from Doodlebug that I had to try. Here's what I came up with:

These pictures are of Sophia on Christmas day 2006. She LOVED her Cinderella costume and wanted to wear it all day long. She's such a ham and posed for the camera every chance she got!

I used patterned paper and textured cardstock and flowers from Stampin' Up. I direct-to-inkpad dyed the medium flower with Crystal Blue CTMH Ink. I distressed all of the edges - including the photographs - with silver metallic ink from Encore. The swirl stamps are Playful Flourishes from Close To My Heart. I used more of my bling swirls from Wal-Mart.

1 comment:

Juanita said...

OOooh, I love it!!