Monday, February 9, 2009

Dreamy color combos

Brown, pink and blue are my favorite color combos so I was really excited when I saw the new Unforgettable paper packet from Close To My Heart!

This card was relatively easy to make - I used the Aspiration set from Close To My Heart. To get the dual colors for the branches and leaves, I stamped the image first in second-generation Desert Sand ink. I used Cocoa for the main branch color, but first, since the leaves are on the same stamp, I gently swiped the brown off of the leaves with my finger (though, if you don't like getting messy, you could use a slightly damp Q-tip or the tip of a twisted paper towel to wipe the ink from the area you want to miss). I stamped my image slightly off-set to create more of a 3-D feel on the card. Then, I used Juniper for the leaves, doing the opposite as I did with the Cocoa (swiping the green off of the branches).

Once all the stamping was done, I used my trusty Water Color Wonder crayons from Stampin' Up to create a water-colored looking blue sky. I added pewter brads and White Daisy Just Blooms to the branches and we were done with the image. I also direct-to paper distressed the cream base using Blush ink, then once it was matted, added a pretty satin ribbon to tie it all together.

Now that it's all done, I think I'm going to save it for a graduation card for my cousin (yeah - one card ready!)

No comments: