Thursday, November 19, 2009

Get your paint on! Practical Scrappers magnetic board project!

Our challenge this week over at Frosted Designs was to create a project using acrylic paint. What fun! I love getting my paint on - particularly when my six year old daughter isn't there to "help" me! LOL!

Here's a pretty cute and relatively easy holiday gift idea.
I picked up a magnetic sign from Target's dollar spot a few months back - not because I liked the sign particularly, but because I thought I'd one day, eventually, alter it.

I used the Perfect Day papers from CTMH, as well as CTMH Just Blooms, Create-A-Shade Pearl Paint, CTMH Rub-Ons, a little bling & Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip Ribbon. I love how it turned out!

I painted one of the huge Just Blooms flowers with the pearl paint, then ink distressed another in matching ink and painted over that, too. I thought about making it as a gift, but it's another of those projects that I'm not sure I'll part with.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Very creative! I love the colors and the picture is too cute. Now I need some magnetic signs! LOL!

Unknown said...

Love this magnetic board. Your papers are so very scrummy and that big flower is perfect, and I simply adore the pearl paint!
Blessings,
Kim xXx